Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Name that summerlicious californian beat

What would you do if I blogged out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your eyes and I'll write you a...post
I will try not to press the wrong key, yeah...

I had the a few random songs stuck in my head this morning. Although I've butchered it abit, the above was one of them. Any guesses what it is?

While writing that up, an old post of mine popped into my head...Pakora, Pakora (should be very easy to guess since the answer is in the comments)...and now I'm a bit hungry and wishing I had bought those chocolate ghiradelli squares I saw this morning....oh well. Its probably best I didn't.

Speaking of food, the last 2 weeks of July are Restaurant Week! Yay! Restaurant week is like Summerlicious, where restaurants have reduced price lunch and dinner menus. So far I've booked 3 places, Fleur de Sel, Sea Grill, and Terrace in the Sky. I wanted to book this other restaurant since it got 2 Michelin stars! But unfortunately its booked solid. Actually quite a few places are, crazy eh, trying to find a spot in a restaurant over a month in advance and not being able to. I'm not sure yet if I want to book another one or not...I do love Food!...but even at reduced prices, it adds up.

We've been on the run
Driving in the sun
Looking out for #1
California here we come
Right back where we started from
California, California!
Here we come!

In other news, I'm going to California this weekend! Woohoo! Aamir and I are flying out to see our friend Omar who moved there a few months ago! Leaving Friday evening and not back till Wednesday, a short but nice 4-5 day trip and a good break from work! It should be a blast, I haven't really hung out with Omar in well over a year I think! And I haven't really been there before so that adds to the excitement because I love to travel! And thats a lot of exclamation points I just used!!! hehe I'll definitely be taking a lot of pictures this trip. And btw, I've updated my Picture Archive.

Here's another song that popped into my head this morning. I'll leave this one alone and it should also be fairly easy to guess what it is.

There used to be a greying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.

8 comments:

'liya said...

Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip Ahmed :)

On the subject of summer, it was reeeaaally hot out today... I don't have a/c in my car and I was practically dying on my way home from work.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip! Liya, it was like 41 degrees with the humidity!!! How did you manage? I was barely managing in my car with my AC on high! You are one brave soul!

Ahmed said...

liya: yeah, I'm really looking forward to it :) oh, man, no a/c while driving really really sucks. I don't know how you manage...over here the subways are decently cool, but the subways stations are disgusting and hot.

mousehunter: 41? dang, thats hot. I'm not sure what it was here, but I had to crank the a/c up at work and at home.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! You should have bought the chocolate, you can still go now!

mezba said...

Don't know any of the tunes but have a great trip. Post the pics and give Omar my regards.

Ahmed said...

Ruby: thanks! I bought the chocolate this morning and have been snacking all day.....soo good....yet so bad for me hehe

mezba: its the wonder years theme song, the oc theme song, and the kiss from a rose by seal. the last song is especially good and i recommend you find it. its probably on youtube. I'll definitely give Omar the regards :)

Abigail S said...

I just realized what that first song is! It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out! It's that tune from The Wonder Years! *sigh* That was a great show!

Restaurant Week sounds great! I love food, too! Maybe a little too much, though :S

Ahmed said...

abigail: Congratulations! You're the only one to correctly guess! hehe food is great :) but i know what you mean :(