Wednesday, June 27, 2007

About labels and movies

Yesterday I started to go back and label my old blog posts but for some reason it was making me sad. I'm not sure why as my previous posts aren't sad or mark any particular event in my life that would make me sad...so because of that, and the fact that I really don't know how to label these, ie what categories to make....I'm thinking of just either only labeling new posts....or just getting rid of labels all together...I'm not sure yet. Any suggestions?

I watched Pans Labyrinth last night. It was...well it was engaging. I'll definitely give it that. It pulled me in and I wanted to know what would happen. But at the end, after it was all said and done, I was left unsatisfied. So I'm force to give it a 3/5.

I also Apocalypto a few days ago. It was much more gory than I expected. And the reviews for this were good, not just the written but the word of mouth reviews as well. So I think that skewed my expectations a bit. Still I was again engaged and hoping things worked out for the characters. The ending could have been stronger as well, but I'll give this one a 4/5.

I'm going to go see Die Hard 4 tonight. Early reviews say its good. I'm a fan of the originals and own the box set actually. I'd rank the 1,3, and then 2. Hopefully this one turns out well.

Oh and I saw Fantastic Four on Sunday. It was...meh. Its a renter and a mindless popcorn flick. The Silver Surfer didnt do enough. It was light on action for a popcorn flick. I'll give it a 3 only b/c I like the genre and idea of the film and I wouldn't mind seeing more like it (though preferably better of course).

4 comments:

mezba said...

Transformers. Now that (hopefully) will be the movie of the summer.

When I moved to Blogger 2 I had to label all my old posts as well. I did (all 300 of them or so). I mainly knew what topics I posted on, so made a bunch of labels, then skimmed through the 300 lists for label 1, label 2, ... label n until I was done.

Now you KNOW I program computers for a living ...

Anonymous said...

I've only been on wordpress so I can't commiserate. I'm thinking to see DH4 as well, but with the kids and all, I mostly wait for DVD releases. Except Star Wars, and now Transformers, those are cinematic only experiences!

Abigail S said...

I haven't seen Apocalypto yet. My mom saw it- and said she hated it- she only got part way through it and had to run out of the room and cried for for quite a while.

That has me all the more interested in it- to find out what it's really like.

Ahmed said...

mezba: hahaa. I think I'll give it another shot at labelling my old posts....just a few at a time though.

mousehunter: yeah it must be hard with kids...but yeah, Transformers! I'm looking forward to that!

abigail: Its gruesome, very gruesome. But I liked it overall. Let me know what you think.