Friday, June 23, 2006

An Old Tale & 70 Thousand Angels

An Old Tale
An elderly Cherokee man was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside of me; it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf is fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other wolf is joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. This same fight is going on inside you and inside every other person too."

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee replied simply, "The one you feed."

This has been a long long week. But its been a good week! Lets see....
Congrats to Miami for winning the NBA Championship (I know they all probably read my blog...)
Congrats to Maria for getting into Med School (if she reads this)
Congrats to Farheen for turning even older, hehe happy birthday (she won't read this so i can make fun of her)
Congrats to Zania for winning the privilege of buying me ice cream :P haha, I told you Miami would take it
Hmmm....I'm on a roll, lets keep going
Congrats to Romana for getting into Nursing school
Congrats to Sahar for basically getting engaged
Congrats to Omar for being captains chair ab machine excercise thingy king
Congrats to Manpreet for starting residency
Congrats to Me because ....I dont want to be left out of this =P

Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

I talked with Manpreet on the phone last week. That was fun, catching up how things were going. Sounds like she's really enjoying Austin and everything. :)

I had a good conversation with another friend, from back home, also catching up and talking about life. Talking about the here and now and about the future. And talking about temptation. It was a fun and interestign conversation. Also talked about hell...scary when you really thik about it. Frightening. I wont go into details about it here though.

Friendship is an amazing thing. It makes life so much easier. I know that and have experienced that a few times over now. I really am blessed to have everything that I do. And the people in my life that I do. People tell me that but sometimes you have stop and really think about it as well. Things aren't perfect. I am not always happy. But hey, haha, I got 1 hand in my pocket (holding my zen vision m!) and the other making a peace sign! :P lol Its fun when you make new friendships too. You have to let things put a smile on your face. I should smile more.

I took a test earlier this week. Just for some practise and indicator of where i am before starting to really study. I scored between a 640 and 660. Maybe its beginners luck but I don't care. It gives me more confidence. Now I'll actually start some studying and we'll see where that takes me. InshaAllah. I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be. For now though, I have the I am the man song stuck in my head. haha

Can't recall what else I was going to say. So let me leave off with this. Til next time peoples, byee.

70 Thousand Angels
Prophet Muhammad said that whoever says, "I seek refuge in Allah, the All-hearing, the All-knowing, from the cursed satan" then, when he wakes up in the morning and recites the last three verses of Surah al-Hashr:

"It is Allah beside Whom there is no god, the All Knowing, the Hidden, the Evident; Allah is the Most Gracious the most Merciful. It is Allah beside whom there is no god, the King, the Pure, the giver of Peace, the bestower of Safety, the Protector, the most Honourable, the Compeller, the Proud; Exalted be Allah above the wrongful things they associate to Allah! It is Allah alone who is the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer of all; to Allah belong all the good names; and all that is in the heavens and earth proclaim the Purity of Allah; and Allah is the most Honourable, the most Wise"

such a person will be assigned 70,000 angels to pray for him until the evening, and should he die that day, he would have died a martyr"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ahmed!! In the spirit of things, congrats to you too!