Monday, June 19, 2006

Perception

"Be what you would seem to be -- or if you'd like it put more simply -- Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
-"Alice in Wonderland," Lewis Carroll

Quick weekend recap. Friday went out to dinner in Queens with Romana, Ehsan, Saubia, Nadeem, and Romana and Irfan joined as afterwards to go to Ehsan and Saubia's place. We chilled there for a bit then went back into the city and went here and there. Or at least tried to, hehe. I'll leave out the details but we even got kicked out of deli! haha. mmm....chocolate haggen daaz....mmm....

Saturday, Ken and June were in town so went to Spice with them for lunch and then Coldstone! mmmm.....coldstone....

Sunday, Finished watching battlestar galactica season 2, now i have to wait for season 3, sigh...Met up with Sadia, Romana, and Irfan and watched Faana. It was a good movie but just not something I really like. Stop now if you don't want a spoiler, if you don't care well, I'll just say i prefer happy endings. One of my friends made a not so nice comment about me not liking the movie. They will not be on my goodside for at least a week! hmph.

I got my Creative Zen Vision M! Now just go to throw more of my own content on there. I copied a few things quickly from friends this morning. But I want my own music choices...that will take some time...i don't have too much right now. nd I still have to test out the video. But cool! I need to buy a case as well.

Woo Miami! Zaina, I think I'll order some Chocolate ice cream. Maybe the chocolate devotion mix they have at Cold Stone.

Lies are ugly things are they? And hate. I think a people dont realize what they say sometimes. The power behind their words and even actions. And murder and killing and you know, I just dont get that stuff. I can imagine rage and anger and (sidenote: despite all my rage I am still just a rat in cage....i like that song, i can get use to this zen vision thing) all that but still....it doesn't make sense.

Perception is a very interesting thing don't you think?

Have you ever looked at someone and thought, this person is waiting to die...

Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

I have work to go do now. Not work work, but other work nevertheless. Nervous? Nope. Just ready to get going.

I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
Any place it goes is right
Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here

Well, you don't know what we can find
Why don't you come with me little girl
On a magic carpet ride
You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free
Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away

Last night I held Aladdin's lamp
And so I wished that I could stay
Before the thing could answer me
Well, someone came and took the lamp away
I looked around, a lousy candle's all I found

Well, you don't know what we can find
Why don't you come with me little girl
On a magic carpet ride
Well, you don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free
Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away

0 comments: