Wednesday, January 18, 2006

yes, of course i can.

Alright, so I should be talking about my cousin Rasheed's visit to NYC but I'll do that next time. This is just other stuff I felt like blogging about.

I like U2. I have the song Elevation stuck in my head as of late.

I was blogging and then so many distractions from ppl. sigh. ok this will have to be quicker than i thought.

So this week Brian from Rochester office is here cause the company, TowerData is having a bunch of meetings all week on the companies goals. Discussing all facets of the company like Marketing, Sales, Positioning, New Product Development, product extensions, financials, like everything. But first we had a marketing meeting on one product called SpamExam. I talked to most of friends about it already. Discussing possible alternative names and whatnot because we had decided to change the name. Now last week Tom (the president), Brian, and I had already had some talks and made a short list of new nmes. The plan to finalize this week.

So I go into the meeting and I'm quiet at first (just my style, i'm still working on it). But then I take my notes and am like. Ok so these are the names we had. I don't like this, this, this this or this. These are alright. And these are the new names I thought of. This is the name I think we should go with. This is the product suite name. This is how brands should be presented to the user. In this format and this format And in this order. and this is why this would work. And this is why this wouldn't work. And well I think I'm making it sound more impressive than it really was. Wasn' that much at all. But still, it felt really cool. And was a lot of fun. And they agreed. So yeah cool! The new name is now Content Consultant btw.

hmm...what else happened...

taking the F train home, the train guy said since we are running behind schedule the train will be running express. Awesome! that means only 2 stops instead of like 8 to my station! yay! its the small things

i went to work out. it was ok. my right arm...i don't know. its all messed up. i might get that checked out when i finally get insurance. probably next couple weeks i'll get insurance. hopefully my arm doesn't just like fall off or something.

overall i don't know. the day left me in a good mood though. Today was a bunch more meetings. Not as successful as yesterday for me personally. but still good productive meetings. And they are fun.

It really really is cool. To sit there and really have say in the direction of the company. How it position and markets itself as a whole. How it achieves such goals. Who we target too. What products we go forward in enhancing, how to sell and market those. And long term strategy and its just like wow, this is so cool. I'm apart of everything and I really get to see things from the point of idea conception, spec'ing, development, to selling. Its fun. And the ppl are nice. Now I just need my raise which I will be dicussing in my review this week or next. Inshaallah all goes well. And only if it were warm here. I need warmer weather!

Today was also the company dinner, that was nice. To be able to talk to the team in a more social environment. They can learn more about me (big) and me them. And swap stories. And its just nice and fun. And dinner was great too. NY restaurants are awesome. Not cheap, but awesome.

In my last post I said I dont really get much encouragement. And well that isn't entirely accurate. I don't believe I get many much of hey, you're doing great, keep it up, keep pushing, almost there, you'll do excellent, etc type of encouragement. BUT

I do have quite a few ppl that tell me I'm amazing, Or I rock, Or I'm a great friend, or I'm a genious, or they see me being really successful, and various things like that. And I know ppl have strong belife in me and also expectations of me because of those beliefs. And that is probably one reason I have a very strong belief in myself.

Actually, its weird. I have a strong long term belief in myself. Part of my idealism? In the short run, I do think of myself of a bit dumb or not capable. Well no, but yes, and I guess its confidence and pumping myself up. It fluctuates.

There is still more to say, but I can't think right now what. Next time part 4 with pictures. Till then.


oh 1 last thing, well 2 last things.

Number of reasons its been on my mind. But well, I know my Nani use to pray so much for me. I really do feel less confident, weaker even, without those prayers. I feel like those prayers saved me from disaster many times. I know I get many prayers from others of course. My parents, sister, and my Nana and Dada for sure as well. I don't know. Its just kind of scary though to think. That one day (hopefully far in the future) it will really be up to me to pray for myself. Its scary. I don't do enough. I can do more, I need to do more.

I'll leave off with a story. Often times in life, we get lost. We have all these things we want to do. That we feel are important. Our goals and dreams, our little to do lists, the trips we plan, the ppl we see, the careers we want, the movies to see, the excercise to do, i don't know. so many things. We have to maintain a perspective though. Whats really important?

Once a man saw in his dream, that a lion was chasing him. The man ran to a tree, climbed on to it and sat on a branch. He looked down and saw that the lion was still there waiting for him. The man then looked to his side where the branch he was sitting on was attached to the tree and saw that two rats were circling around and eating the branch. One rat was black and the other one was white. The branch would fall on the ground very soon. The man then looked below again with fear and discovered that a big black snake had come and settled directly under him. The snake opened its mouth right under the man so that he will fall into it. The man then looked up to see if there was anything that he could hold on to. He saw another branch with a honeycomb. Drops of honey were falling from it. The man wanted to taste one of the drops. So, he put his tongue out and tasted one of the fallen drops of honey. The honey was amazing in taste. So, he wanted to taste another drop. As he did, he got lost into the sweetness of the honey. Meanwhile, he forgot about the two rats eating his branch away, the lion on the ground and the snake that is sitting right under him. After a while, he woke up from his sleep.

To get the meaning behind this dream, the man went to a pious scholar of Islam. The scholar said "The lion you saw is your death. It always chases you and goes where ever you go. The two rats, one black and one white, are the night and the day. Black one is the night and the white one is the day. They circle around, coming one after another, to eat your time as they take you closer to death. The big black snake with a dark mouth is your grave. It's there, just waiting for you to fall into it. The honeycomb is this world and the sweet honey is the luxuries of this world. We like to taste a drop of the luxuries of this world but it's very sweet. Then we taste another drop and yet another. Meanwhile, we get lost into it and we forget about our time, we forget about our death and we forget about our graves."

May Allah wake us up from the sleep and save us before it's too late. Ameen."

0 comments: