Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tag: 5 things (+some)

Hey so this has been a good week so far. Lets see, I finally finally got a hold of a Texas alumni so my interview will be on Monday! InshaAllah it'll go well. Toronto finally has all my stuff so it'll take 4-6 weeks to process but hey, at least I know its moving forward now. The weather is warming up! I got a gift on facebook from one of my friends! My first facebook gift hehe, cool :)

I got a Nintendo Wii! Anddddddd its more fun than I thought! hehe I was joking around with my housemate Anojan though. Together in my we have an xbox360, a PS3, and now a Wii...all plugged into my lil 10-15year old maybe 20inch crt tv :P hehe, oh well. can't complain too much. we still have fun playing.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but other cool thing was that I was tagged by AKA. Thats the first time I've been tagged. K, so I'm suppose to list 5 things you don't know about me.....hmmm....thats kind of tough since some know me very well and others barely anything. But lets see....

1) When I was small I use think clouds were kind of solid. Like you could walk on them and touch them. I think this came from watching the movie The Boy Who Could Fly and the Superman movies. When my family went to Pakistan one year and visited Meri(sp?) a few hours away from Islamabad and went high into the mountains surrounded by clouds when you go up the sky lifts and cable cars I was quite disappointed when I couldn't touch them :(

2) I use to have what I'd have to describe as a phobia of dogs. I would cross the road and walk on the other side if there was a dog walker coming towards me on my side. I've improved tremendously since then. I had an internship in Chennai, India and there were stray dogs lying in the streets/sidewalks fairly regularly and I'd have to walk between them with them less than a foot away on either side. But they were rather docile and I got use to it. I can now have dogs come up to me or stand in an elevator while they are beside me and stuff. I may be quite uncomfortable and stiff at the time but I can do it. And I can walk by them on the sidewalk with no problem either, I don't even think about that now. Although...don't be fool'd I still am perfectly aware that there is a dog there. :P

3) I've never been in a real fight in my life. Certainly plenty of play fights, pillow fights, water fights, etc. But never a real fight. I've always wondered how I'd do. Though lets hope I never have to find out.

4) I may have mentioned this in a pervious blog. I have always felt I am capable of absolutely anything. Of course its too late for a few things now. And somethings I have zero interest in. But I felt I could do anything. I could be a hockey player if I wanted (even though I don't know how to skate right now). I could be an astronaut. A great lawyer. A doctor. An actor. Singer, etc. Whatever I wanted. It just takes hard work, dedication, sacrifice. But I could do anything I wanted....I'm very blessed to have the life that I do so that I can grow up believing (and still believing) such things.

5) I haven't drank pop (or anything carbonated) in....I'm not sure....10-15years. I just don't like the feeling/fizzle of carbonation. I don't think I've drank the equivalent of entire can of pop in my life. I also haven't had gum in maybe 6-7 years. I just always pass on gum.....and then go get chocolate!

Bonus
6) Other random stuff: I shook hands with Chretien(sp?), I was hit by a motorcyle, I slept on floor of the train station in florence infront of the newstand (only for 40mins!...we couldn't find an open hostel), chinese underground purse counterfeitors wanted me to go shopping for them, I can't swim, my friends nicknamed me Evil Guy (no idea why...doesn't make sense to me). My first name is actually Mohammed, my full name being Mohammed Ahmedullah Siddiqui.

Ok, so I think just about everyone has been tagged already. But if you haven't....consider yourself tagged!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, a phobia of dogs! I'll admit, I can sometimes be scared of really big non-furry dogs, but otherwise I am not afraid!! hehe

Hmm, there was something else I was going to comment on but now I can't remember (which is why I prefer the pop up window!! lol)... I'll get back to you!

Sarah said...

I can't swim either :( Whenever I tell people that, they are so shocked lol, don't know why they are shocked!! So cool that you've been to florence!! I am jealous! lol :P

neuroticnoon said...

Salaam,

NIce blog you've got.

I can't swim either and I've embarased myself so many titmes before thinking it must be easy and then having to have someone to save me!

btw the wii is very addictive, we've had our since christmas and I spend hours wrestling my bro.
My mum whose a fair bit older than us is the same when shes bored of the News she can spend a good hour playing tennis!

Ahmed said...

sarah: Yeah...it use to be bad. But I have it more or less under control now. :)

hehe, I'm sure you'll go sometime. Its an amazing city.

neuroticnoon: wsalaam, thanks :) hehe, yeah it really is addictive!

Recovering D said...

Ok I tagged you too. But I did it before reading this post. I feel silly now. So... how about this. I tag you to...name your 5 favorite things and tell us why :)

Ahmed said...

No need to feel silly, I'll work on the new question :)