Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2006

Another year has gone by. A lot happened in 2006. But then a lot happens every year I suppose. I think every year for the last several years something, at least 1 thing, really bad has happened. And 1 thing good. And of course all the inbetween. In 2006:

  • I made more new friends than I have in any year since my first year in university.
  • I felt lonely and alone more often than I'd care to.
  • I travelled to Amsterdam, Italy, Paris, Switzerland, Brussels, Hyderabad, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Princeton, San Francisco, and Hartford.
  • I spent less time at home (Mississauga) and with my family than any year in my life.
  • I earned more money than I ever have before.
  • I've had more expenses and spent more than I ever have before.
  • People died.
  • People were born.
  • People got married.
  • Things ended.
  • I lost one of my best friends.
  • I regained one of my best friends.
  • I gained weight :(
  • I lost weight :)
  • I gained weight :(
  • I.....darn..... :(
  • I struggled.
  • I succeeded.
  • I felt lost.
  • I found confidence in myself.
  • I realized a lot about myself.
  • I realized a lot about others.
  • I lived in one place w/o moving for longest time since I lived at home.
  • I made mistakes.
  • I became a better person.
I think thats all for now, all that I care to put up anyways. InshaAllah 2007 will be a great year for myself, you, and everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice, Happy New Year Ahmed. How have you bee? Nice list of things, always a good thing to reflect!

Sarah said...

Wow... You sure have travelled a LOT!! Damn. I wish I had your life!! lol

Hope you have a great 2007! :)

cellardoor said...

happy new year - a bit late i know - sorry, but were still in january.
u've travelled a lot - i hope this year takes u 2 more places!!

Ahmed said...

Almira: Thanks, Happy New Years to you too I've been good, busy busy but good. :)

Sarah: haha, I was really lucky to have been able to travel a lot last year. :) and Thanks, inshalllah you'll have a great 2007 too!

cellardoor: no worries, Thanks Happy New Years to you too! :) Inshallah.

bb_aisha said...

Ooh,i agree wif sarah.lucky u for bein able to travel so much. Bein aware of who one is is the greatest strength