Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Phantom of the Opera, weekend tidbits, and Letterman

I saw Phantom of the Opera yesterday. It was really good! The dialogue was a bit difficult to follow at times but I love the music. And the stage and costume were amazing! Music of the Night I think was my favourite song in the show. hmmmm hummm hmmmm hummmm hmm humm hmm humm hmmmm hummmm :)

Overall, I'd give it a 3.5/5 though. Maybe a 4. Based solely on entertainment value. Out of the shows I've seen I'd rank them something like....
Avenue Q / Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Who's Tommy
The Lion King
Mamma Mia
I Love, You're Perfect, Now Change
The Producers
The Phantom of the Opera
Chicago
Hair Spray
Rent (this is easily last, the only show I didn't like)

I'm going to go see Wicked around Thanksgiving with Darrin and a few others. Hopefully thats good, I've been wanting to see that for almost a year now. I have the book though I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Finally went back to the gym (oafh, I'm sore) after like 6 weeks. I'm weak again it sucks, hopefully I get back to my oldself quickly. On the plus side I've lost 7 lbls!

I watched Maria full of Grace and Th Breakup yesterday too. Both were soli but nothing spectacular. Neither were exactly what I expeted either though, I'm not sure what I was expecting. I'll give both of them a a 3/5.

2 years fly by so fast. I still remember and I still pray for her everytime I pray. I still wonder about that time.

Finally got my room cleaned, went out and bought a nice small storage unit I really needed. Oigh, still need to do my groceries, update my resume, research programs, and so many other things...I can get some of that done today though I think. Need to go to the gym again today too, need to rebuild the habit.

Going out to dinner w/ Anojan and Punit, that should be nice.

Here's a clip I came across online. The full thing I'm sure you can find if you want to. This is just a short clip from the segment.

Bill O'Reilly on Letterman

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I've seen a few Broadway shows:

Aida
The Lion King
Les Miserables
Titanic (totally sucked)
Some other one I can't remember the name of.

AIDA is seriously the best!! Go see it!!! I haven't seen "Avenue Q" :( I reallyyy wanna see it!!!

I saw the movie "The Phantom of the Opera," but now the show. I love the music, it's good. But seriously, AIDA is the best!

Ahmed said...

I haven't heard of Aida but I'll keep an eye out for it now. I wanted to see Les Mis, I dont' think its playing anymore though. And yep, Avenue Q is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Angeelll of musiccccc *lalala*

Les Misrables was very good. Watching it @ theatre is better than reading the book which is absolutely huge, but a good read.

I haven't watched any of the other films you mentioned, so see myself out :D

wassalaam.

Itsfarsh said...

The broadway shows are new to Dubai but the very first show at teh Madinat Jumeirah amphitheater "Chicago" was loved by everyone..

I went just to experience what the buzz is all about but at the end i reckon broadway shows are not for me..

Ahmed said...

Khadiijah: Salaam, Yeah, everyone's told me Les Mis was good...sadly its gone now I think...maybe I will pick up the book.

Farsh: Chicago is good, but I duno, its middle of the road to me. Check out Dirty Rotten Scoundrels or something which I think is a lot more enjoyable. Or Avenue Q (though thats not one to see with parents I think).

cellardoor said...

wow - so jealous, u've seen loads of shows!! what mamma mia like?? we were gonna go watch that cos this totally fit guy was in it (Nigel harman), but then they changed the cast,and i didn't bother... stupid me!

b said...

hey! i'm seeing WiCKED too in December!

Ahmed said...

Cellardoor: Mamma Mia is good! Its got a strong story which I like, instead of show just being a collection of songs. I think it starts to get boring w/o a good story. Its a whole lot of Abba though so I hope you're a fan. :)

B: Hey man, cool! I think it going to be good!