Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Quitter

Holden is really starting to bug me. I need to hurry up and finish this. I want to start the other book I bought. A Brief History of Nearly Everything. I'm pretty sure thats the title of the book I picked up...

I'm slowly improving myself. At least in 1 way. And I'm glad. Hopefully it will continue and only gain momentum. Inshallah.

Finished 6 degrees of separation. Not at all what I expected. Had some good moments. But overall meh. I got Chocolat. I think I'll like it. I like the name at least :)

I made keema last night. Turned out alright. I've made better. But I got this new pot from my mom. I love it! Nothing sticks at all. I was able to clean it so fast it was awesome. And its bigger so I can actually cook enough for a few days at a time. Anojan made chocolate pudding. Or at least tried to. He burnt it again. hehe, thats what happens when you're too lazy to stir. Haven't tried it yet, but who knows. Hopefully some of it is edible.

I need to study more. I'm distracted by a lot of things lately. Good distractions, but still I need to focus. Or set aside time where there can be no distractions.

From within a darkness rising,
Running in circles, almost falling
Going deeper and deeper
I can not sleep

The Quitter -- Edgar A. Guest


Fate handed the quitter a bump, and he dropped;
The road seemed too rough to go, so he stopped.
He thought of his hurt, and there came to his mind
The easier path he was leaving behind.

Oh, it's all much too hard, said the quitter right then;
I'll stop where I am and not try it again.
He sat by the road and he made up his tale
To tell when men asked why he happened to fail.

A thousand excuses flew up to his tongue,
And these on the thread of his story he strung,
But the truth of the matter he didn't admit;
He never once said, I was frightened and quit.

Whenever the quitter sits down by the road
And drops from the struggle to lighten his load,
He can always recall to his own peace of mind
A string of excuses for falling behind;

But somehow or other he can't think of one
Good reason for battling and going right on.
Oh, when the bump comes and fate hands you a jar,
Don't baby yourself, boy, whoever you are;

Don't pity yourself and talk over your woes;
Don't think up excuses for dodging the blows.
But stick to the battle and see the thing through.
And don't be a quitter, whatever you do.

hehe
So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive.....
...Its the Eye of the Tiger

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Holden from "The Catcher in the Rye" is bugging you? I read that book a LONG time ago, when I was in 9th grade. I need to read it again. I remember I liked it back then. I wonder how I would feel about it now!

Ahmed said...

Yep, thats the Holden. I can remember back when I was younger and relate to some of how he acts/thinks. But he's too much. Everyone is phoney to him and he gets depressed about everything. Or says he is. I just want to tell him to get over himself and grow up.

I actually didn't read this one when I was younger so I thought I would know. Perhaps if I were younger I'd enjoy it but right now, the character just bugs me too much.