Saturday, August 12, 2006

Simple vs Real Friend

A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.

A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!

Agree, disagree?
Add more?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Agreed. But real friends are VERY hard to find. If you have one, lucky you. But I am very cynical. I used to trust people so easily, but I realised that no one is really your friend. Or maybe I've always just had bad luck with people. *sigh* But if you have one, lucky you!!

Ahmed said...

I at times feel cynical about this. But I don't like to feel that way. I like to be a bit more idealistic. And its not falsely either b/c I do have some really great friends.

I do have to becareful sometimes though. I sometimes trust ppl too easily and give ppl more chances than I should.