Monday, August 14, 2006

Sand and Stone

Take my hand...Live while you can....

The brief version (or as brief as I can make it). Friday L hung out with 1 of her friends and I had a good chat with some of my friends. Saturday, L & I went around Battery Park and then Licoln Centre. There were some free performances going on in the court yards. 1st an African beats and some singing/dancing thing which was really nice, energetic, and fun. Funny to see little kids dancing around. 2nd, Wire Monkey Aerobatic dancing which despite the name was actually rather dull. We then walked over to Bloomingdales to say hi to Caitlin & Mike and chat with them for a bit. I got 2 polo shirts (yellow and green) for just $18.50! Hazaa! I'm not really an hazaa type person, I just felt like throwing in today. So then we went to dinner at a viet/japanese place. It was meh, ok.

Now, its 830. We're on 62nd and 2nd avenue. And we start heading to Central Park cause there is the astronomy show at Belvedere Castle. Now, I'm not entirely sure where it is...but I figure I'll find it. AND I did!.....but it was 10:10 by the time I did and no one was there....oops. Walking and talking was fun though. We hop on the train back to brooklyn and go to the Chocolate Room. Which man, has the Best chocolate cake! I want more right now. Its moist and flavourful and chocolately, but not heavy or too sweet. And the icing was great too. Not too sugary or sweet, but still a rich chocolate taste. Mmm...so good. Sunday, I caught up on studying and L went to hang out with her friend again.

Alia's wedding shower was this past weekend. Umber said she'll send me some pictures so I might put some up when I get them.

Its so crazy how fast time flies. Faster and faster as well.

I came across this story and I like it. So I'm putting it here to share. Let me know what you think. Laters.

Sand and Stone

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, he wrote in the sand:

Today my best friend slapped me in the face.

They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:

Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend, who had slapped and saved his best friend, asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you write on a stone, why?"


The other friend replied: "When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand, where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away, but when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in
stone where no wind can ever erase it.

Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your blessings in stone.

-Anonymous

0 comments: