Tuesday, November 15, 2005

a little bit of this & a little bit of that...

Today is Tuesday.

This use to be my playground.....

The weekend recap, lets see. Well lets not jump right into it. I was talking to my cousin Rasheed about Eid. And I was thinking of last Eid. I was in India and I went to so many peoples houses and everyone I ate biscuits and sweets, and had Chai and Shir Kurma and it was really nice. And while the Eid here wasn't bad. I was craving some Shir Kurma. Some Chai. Just being able to sit on a couch, in a house, and relax and be with people.

All I want is a room somewhere
Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous chair
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly ?

Lots of chocolate for me to eat
Lots of coal makin' lots of heat
Warm face, warm hands, warm feet
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly ?

This friday I went to New Jersey. I have distant relatives there from my Nana's (maternal grandfather) side. I have never met them before. But it was really nice to meet them. And be with them and talk and it was nice. No one there was my age. Actually most ppl there were More than 3x my age! Wow eh? But I sat on a couch, and talked and listend to people. I had Chai. I had Shir Kurma, I slept on a real bed. I ate real food. And it was really nice, I enjoyed it. I came home last Saturday evening and went to bed early.

Sunday, I had wanted to go shopping, to go to the theatre, to get a haircut. I was going to meet up with Caitlin. None of those things really happened. I did my groceries, I went to the gym. Thats about it.

I was talking to some random stranger online (because thats what I do now, talk to strangers online). And they said something like "I don't need friends, friends are kind of a waste of time."

To this I responded, "Well I won't try to change your mind, but your best friends, the friends you are truly close to, they are never a waste of time."

They then said, "You only say that because you aren't really close to your family."

Taken aback, I said, "I'm very close to my family and many of my cousins are like brothers and sisters to me too." Or something like that.

They said "You don't Understand. I don't need anyone outside my immediate family. You only say that cause you aren't close to your family."

There was no point arguing with this person. People don't want to hear another opinion or side sometimes. People are stubborn and close minded. That doesn't bother me. Too much. What bothers me, is somene making assumptions about me that doesnt' know me at all. In the end though, someone that doesn't know me, that I dont' nkow myself, who cares what they think. It shouldn't bother me.

I dare you
To come against me
I dare you
To defeat me
I dare you
To come for me
You won't win

Lies.
Why do people lie? Like yeah people lie. But if you trust me, and have trusted me. And you know that I trust you. Why are you lying? Don't answer a question then. But lying directly to me. Thats just so wrong. It destroys trust. And its frustrating, saddening, upseting, etc. Particularly cause.....it so unnecessary. and its frustrating cause....I'm still always going to be here.

I dare you
To come against me
I dare you
To defeat me
I dare you
To conquer me
You won't win

I went to the gym yesterday and my arm started to hurt while i was doing some tricep excercise. A sudden sharp pain. I gave myself a break, tried it again and it was still hurting in a few movements. I'll give myself a break today and see how it goes tomorrow. Or maybe I'll still go today....well it looks like rain tonight so most likely I won't. It'll be laundry night.

Its the eye of the tiger, its the heat of the night...

Harry Potter opens this friday. I've tried to be excited about it. I want to be. But I'm not really. Its hard to get excited about things by yourself. Its funny cause people I've got interested in Harry Potter now seem more excited than I am. Still, there is always my backup plan...

Something wicked this way comes....

I did have a conversation with Rasheed though that was interesting. Full of dreams and adventures and excitement. It was fun. And the day flew by today partly do to that. The rest cause I was in meeting after meeting for most of the day hehe.

Side Note: Added Nailah's blog to the list of blogs on the side bar.

I decided I will be going back for thanksgiving. I had thought I might stay in NY for the long weekend. But...no. I am going to go back.

And then Ben excludes me from the party plans and emails that punk! :P

In a moment....

0 comments: