Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just walkin along singin a song

Ok, so yesterday I had an interview with a recruiter from Arizona State I think it went well. I think it gave me a chance to talk about my work experience and I really think my work experience is going to be a big plus. I learned more about the program and it seems quite interesting. So I went into the interview a little nervous but I came out feeling pretty good with a tune in my head.

There I was just a-walkin' down the street, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Snappin' my fingers and shufflin' my feet, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
I looked good (looked good), I looked fine (looked fine)
I looked good, I looked fine and I nearly blew their minds

Haha, ok so I probably didn't blow their minds but it was good. inshallah. Later in the evening I went to a reception and dinner, again by ASU, where they were giving away this economics award. I was sitting there listening and its just wow. These people are so intelligent. And they know so much. And I listened to his economic presentation and it was really impressive. It made me feel like man, I want learn everything. I like economics, I don't want to pursue a masters in it. But I mean, knowledge is wonderful. Theres so much cool stuff out there to learn. And I wish I could just be a full time student for life. .......maybe w/o the assignments though hehe.

Anyhow, I got the chance to talk to many of the other prospective students and at first it was scary. When I first got there I was the youngest there (I think I was the whole night actually). But also, I was the only brown person, heck the only non-white person. Basically it was a room full of tall white guys all looking like finance guys. But more ppl came, it got a bit more diverse, I talked to ppl AND it was Fascinating! Everyone was coming from different backgrounds, even the people from the same sector had varied experiences. Different ages, parts of the country. Ppl from fashion, non profit, accounting, marketing, etc etc And everyone was very friendly. It was nice. Also, I felt like ok, I'm not out of my league here. My experiences are strong and others are interested in what I have to say. It felt good. And I'm excited about going back to school. inshallah. Not just this school, but any school really. I think it'll be fun. So after it ended I felt good and I had a tune in my head. :) heeh, I don't even know why this one, its a bit early for it. but nevertheless.

Sleigh bells ring
are you listening
in the lane
snow is glistening
A beautiful sight
we're happy tonight
walking in a winter wonderland

Gone away is the bluebird
here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song
as we go along
walking in a winter wonderland

7 comments:

zee said...

well InshaAllah it all goes well man

nice blog :)

take care

cellardoor said...

hey ahmed
i commented on ur last post - but it's not there - am i being censored ???

anyway - ur 25 and going back 2 school - i thinks it's so cool that ur so in2 and r going 4 what u want. so r u planning on being a professional student ??
i'm the same age - and don't think i could go back to school now -suppose its cos i've done that part of life and am happy with the world of work. plus i don't fancy studying 4 exams and writing assignments all over again. i remember i used to stay up all night or lock myself in my room over weekends to get work done!!!

inshahallah - i hope u get in2 the program and do well.

BTW - i love that song - i heard it the other day when i was in marks and spencer!! we haven't had a white xmas in england in ages - it'd be wicked if we have one this year. ..... and a white eid!!

Itsfarsh said...

Its now or never dude..

Each day i dream about returning back to school to complete a program that i know i definitely require...

Best of luck :)

PS I add your blog to my Blogroll

Ahmed said...

zee: Thanks :) Inshallah.

Cellardoor:
No, i'm not censoring, thats weird. I didn't even get the email notification that I usually get when someone posts a comment.

Nah, not a professional student though that would be kinda cool. I just want to go back for an mba right now. I enjoy work for sure but I want to move on to bigger things and I think I need an mba to do that. And yeah, not looking forward to long nights of assignments and exams but the social aspect of being a student is fun.

:) Inshallah.

White xmas and Eid are fun :) though I'm not a big fan of cold weather...brr...

Farsh:
Why don't you return back to school then? Or do it part-time if other aspects of life are keeping you busy?

Cool, I'll add you when I do my next post. :)

Almira said...

Eh you probaly did great, lot of my friends are at ASU, and Southern Utah University. See you changed your blog, looks good!

Anonymous said...

Sorry gave you the link to my old blog here's the new one.

Ahmed said...

:) Inshallah, I think I did alright. How do your friends like ASU?