Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Fair weekend.

I didn't get a chance to post the last few days. I haven't been feeling all too well. My heads still a bit hazy and I'm not at 100% yet but I'm still feeling much better today. A few days of actually getting proper rest can do wonders. :)

So the weekend I didn't do too much. I don't remember friday. Saturday I went down to the Hilton in midtown b/c the World MBA Tour thingy was going on. Basically a lot of schools are setup with stations and you can go around and collect info from them and talk to them. So yeah, I get down to the Hilton and....shoot..its on Sunday. I just wasted so much time coming down here. hehe oh well. There was a street fair going on so that was kinda nice. The typical one you see in the streets in ny sometimes. Same stores and food stands and whatnot. Nothing very exciting as I've seen it a few times now.

What was weird was, while on the train to midtown my mind wanders here and there. And I was remembering my friend Manpreet who I met in Rome. And I hadn't talked to her in aa couple months. And i get out of the train and 30 secs later, she's calling me! Crazy coincidence. Anyhow, she's doing well and is coming down to Hartford, CT later in Oct so thats cool I met meet up with her. And she said she's planning a trip to Costa Rica and wanted to know if Rasheed & I were interested, but sadly I have no vacation days for that...oh well.

oh Friday I got a postcard from Vivian. She's in Thailand right now living it up and enjoy herself.
Thanks for the card :) It was really nice!

Ok, so back to Sunday.
Me: Anojan, you want to go check out the fair?
Anojan: What fair?
Me: Haven't you looked out your window?
(There is a big fair going on right outside and down atlantic ave for several blocks in each direction).
Anojan: um......no. haha

So Anojan & I checked out the fair. This wasn't like the one in midtown this was much larger. And it had performers. Drummers, rock and blue singers, belly dancers, other bands, dancers. balloons, and of course plenty of food stalls. It was pretty cool. Oh and the ny transit museum had several of their old buses throughout the years on display. I got a nice chocolate and banana crepe there too :)

Then it was off to the mba thingy, again. I talked to a lot of ppl from a lot of schools and well I'll apply for some schools for sept 2007 and see how it goes. The annoying part is most mba programs want several years of experience. And the 2 yrs of co-op doesn't really count as a part of that. And the average age for these is.....like 29-32....sigh....well we'll see what happens. The good thing is that, you know there are a lot of cool programs out there and really i've just scratched the surface of whats out there. Too bad I'm not a super genious and then I could have my pick of which one i wanted to pursue hehe

Lets see what else. Well actually, i'll just stop here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just had a fair here in Nevada, I havent been to one in years. Anywayz you have a very nice blog, good photos too. :)

~Almira~

Ahmed said...

Thanks for the compliment Almira :)

How was your fair?