Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Right around the corner

We were the people who were not in the papers. We lived in the blank white spaces at the edges of print. It gave us more freedom. We lived in the gaps between the stories.....We lived, as usual, by ignoring. Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.
-Atwood

hmmmm.....

My blog is gonna hit 5k soon. If you are the 5,000th person. Leave a comment please. You win no prize though, I still owe benson chocolate about 1k and 2k on my old blog. haha Check the counter by looking at the counter down the rightside column -->

Yesterday, I stopped to get a haircut at a nearby barbershop I've gone to twice before in the last year. The guy remembered me! And said the usual? I'm like, if you remember it yeah.

My hair is shorter than its been in ages. So....I guess he only kinda remembered. I don't mind it. I like it. It'll grow back fast, anyhow so the barber-man is muslim and we start talking about religion and stuff and he's a very nice guy but a bit too preachy. And b/c I'm born here he assumed I didn't know much which was kind of annoying but I didn't want to argue with him. But I did find out there is a Masjid much closer to me then the one I've gone to in the past which is awesome!

ps. I keep feeling like capitalizing IF and THEN b/c I'm so use to doing that in my specs now. haha

Anyhow, I'm quite tired of the places I'm eating at for lunch. So I decide to go look for something new. And I hear there is a place on 29th and 5th. So I start walking there and I see it. YES! A Pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi/Arabic HALAL restaurant! Woohoo. Its so nice to be able to have meat and different varieties. And it was nice and cheap too. AND right beside it, a Masjid! So I have a place to go on Fridays now. So awesome! So Awesome! So all that put me in a better mood.

I feel a bit of anxiety. I have to ask some questions and its a bit nerve racking. This is vague but thats ok, I don't want to detail it here.

My friend is visiting tomorrow! For a week! I can't say who since they wish to remember anon. Let us call them.....D? Nah. L, lets go with L. So L is coming tomorrow and hanging out for a week, I'm not sure what we'll be doing yet. Depends what she wants to do. I'm glad the weather has cooled down some. It'll make exploring the city much nicer. Caitlin might come down on friday as well so that'll be cool.

I'm also a bit stressed by some other things. Its annoying and stressful. And its also another blah. Like go away blah, go away. It'll work itself out eventually. In the meantime I don't need any pressure.

I'm glad ppl trust me to come to me for advise. :) Or at least appreciate it when its given even when not solicited haha. Thats not often. But its kinda strange to be in this position as well. I still dbl check with others about their opinions from time to time. But for the most part, I feel good.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm not the 5,000th person. Oh well, I suppose since there is no incentive to be, it's ok =) Hope you have fun with your friends!

Anonymous said...

hmm well names Owais and im # 5000... nice blogs.. thought id leave a comment... recommended by ZaInAB...

Anonymous said...

darn it....5007...no wonder I didn't win 649 yesterday :P I'm actually coming down to NYC Aug 26-28. But i'm coming with my family...so probably can't visit...unless u wanna do tourisy stuff with me hhaha :P