Friday, March 10, 2006

ain't it good to be alive

Its been a long time. I've been sick thats why. Some sort of infection or something. Since last friday. Stayed home Monday and Tuesday. Went to work Wednesday. Then stayed home Thursday (worked from home though) and then back at work today. Feeling for the most part fine now. A bit of coughing, and some tiredness. but otherwise I feel good. Very good, the weather is great today. 22degrees! yay, I hope winter is gone. Plus I talked to Tom and got my time off for work so thats great. Only 6 more weeks or so and I'm gone! woohoo! Now I got to get my visa and look for flights and stuff though.

Speaking of which, when I was sick, such a hassle. I actually finally (yes I've been here for like forever now but I was lazy) picked a doctor and dentist and medical coverage plan and all that stuff. I was uninsured the rest of the time. Dumb yes, i know. oh well. So after i selected, I was thinking to myself, I've been healthy all this time and watch, I'll get sick now. And dang man, it actually happened!

And so I go to the doctor on Monday and my paperwork hadn't gone through yet, thats just great. Stupid visit to the doctors cost me $100 and and then meds cost me another $100. But my paperwork was submitted already so I just paid cash and I'll get refunded later. I also have to go for blood work. Oddly, I'm kinda looking forward to that. Just to see how I'm doing, making sure I'm healthy and all that. Seeing what I can improve upon.

I did this online johari and nohari thing. If you haven't completed it yet for me, please do so. :) You can find it at: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Ahmedullah. Its basically just a personality thingy that lets me know what ppl think of me. I'm surprised by some ppl answers. But they all for the most part make sense if I think about it. I apparently don't have any dominant traits though. I'm glad I have a lot of different qualities and I don't know its neat, but I think I can work harder at being open and letting people know who I am. I think I have come a long way in recent years though. Judging by peoples responses.

I can't remember what else I wanted to say. In the morning I had that song/scene from Greys Anatomy stuck in my head. The part where Christina and Burke are dancing. Hehe, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. Put me in a good mood to start the day. Now I got the window wide open, nice breeze coming in and I'm in a good mood still. Ready to have a nice relaxing weekend. Here's the song of the day.

It feels so good to breathe the air
Another spin around the sun
On this spec of life in the universe the gift of love is there for everyone

Angels working overtime day or night to hold the hands that play
all alone a babe is born pure to the world as the old man lays down his head
and closes his eyes with nothing said
every year another promise is made
a pint of beer raised towards a better day
lets find a star a star to call our own
and make the wish maybe we can't make it home

ain't it good to be alive to feel the sun strong against your face

strawberry blond waves of silky hair
spills over me like the milky way

ain't it good to be alive
ain't it good to be alive
alive alive
alive alive

ain't it good to breathe the air
another spin around the sun
on this spec of light in the universe
a little peace of love in everyone

ain't it good to be alive
ain't it good to be alive
to feel the sun strong against your face
spills over me like the milky way

alive alive alive alive alive

0 comments: