Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I am learning.

First I'd like to thank the anonymous commentor on my last entry. That was very very nice of you to say. And thanks to you and all others that read this. And for those that know me personally, feel free to leave comments as well. I encourage and would enjoy getting more comments, its fun to get comments. Also, I would like to say most posts are just random thoughts that come to me, things that I'm wondering or dreaming about, or just the events that befold me. But I do quote others upon occassion. My lastest 2 entries (the ones after the NY, CT, DC recap blog) for example. I do not mean to take credit for that work, just most things I find and wish to share are done anonymously.

Anyhow, I was going to do a little blog of recent events but its late and I want to read a bit before I sleep. So here is the extra short version and then another little something I found online.

The last week has been very busy but fun. Researching cell phones, arguing with Amazon visiting cell phone stores, 2 product releases going on at work, trips to conneticut to visit caitlin, went to a meet and greet or mixer type event thingy with maria, went to ikea to look around, sleepies, back to ikea to order furniture, my bed and table are to be delivered on thursday!, to researching france and europe, long discussions with mike, spending hours at barnes and nobles looking over planing and well of course browsing and reading a bit, going to shannons for a superbowl party, oh i bought the cell phone (a razr, ask me for the # i won't post it here), getting lectured by my younger sister (amusing, yet sigh), actually being busy enough to have to turn down an event, planning the visit of some friends to visit, and then some more, and then how they are all going to fit, meeting noah for dinner in brooklyn no less!, meeting co-workers for a sunday lunch, and talking to friends on my new phone and well lots of other things. fun times, busy and tiring, but also makes me think....of what? I'll keep to myself for now. I know, breaking my own rule. If you want to keep something private, don't mention it at all...hehe oh well.
Now here is another thing i came across online. I like it. Hopefully all of you do as well.

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

I asked Allah to take away my habit.
Allah said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked Allah to make my handicapped child whole.
Allah said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked Allah to grant me patience.
Allah said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked Allah to give me happiness.
Allah said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked Allah to spare me pain.
Allah said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked Allah to make my spirit grow.
Allah said, No.
You must grow on your own! , but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked Allah for all things that I might enjoy life.
Allah said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask Allah to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
Allah said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

1 comments:

Rohit said...

Ahmed!

Not since you and 40 were in Chennai did I keep up regularly with your blogging adventures, and I fell so behind on my reading that I just found out today that you've moved your blog to blogspot!

So here's my 2 cents:

1. AWESOME UPDATES. Looks like you're having a smashing good time in NYC. I'm happy for ya :)

2. AWESOME BLOG. Regular updates, pictures, and FINALLY AN RSS FEED!! Which means I can add you to bloglines and not miss any more entries. Rock on.

Oh, and regarding this "I am learning" post: very cool thoughts, and reminds me of Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet". Just google the title for the full text online, I think you'll like it.